The Parish Council is responsible for the maintenance of the Church of England churchyard at St Peter’s Old Church in Old Church Road. Although now never used for interments, it is managed to support wildlife. Between May and September each year in some areas the grass is allowed to grow to encourage an impressive array of butterflies and wild flowers.
The Parish Council also owns Lower Green Cemetery in Lower Green Road beside the Pembury Primary School which was opened in 1856.
The Parish Council is a member of the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, which provides advice and training to cemetery operators nationally.