Hendy’s have submitted a planning application for 7 car dealerships on land adjacent to the Tesco site in Pembury. Access will be shared with Tesco traffic.
Please let TWBC know your views about the application! The deadline for your comments is 24 May 2019.
The Parish Council have considered the planning application and OBJECT to the proposal on the following grounds:
- Increased congestion on the A264, A21 and Pembury High Street which already suffer from substantial congestion problems
- Increased rat running in Cornford Lane and Halls Hole Road
- Loss of parking at the Tesco site
- Likely parking overspill into Pembury village
- The development is more suited to North Farm Industrial Estate
The Parish Council’s full response can be downloaded here.