The deadline for comments has been extended! TWBC will be determining the application at one of their planning committee meetings. We still do not know the date of the meeting but TWBC will accept comments up to this date. Once we have received notice of the meeting we will share the date!
Please let TWBC know your views about the application and the impact it will have on Pembury!
Hendy’s have submitted a planning application for 7 car dealerships on land adjacent to the Tesco site in Pembury. Access will be shared with Tesco traffic.
Please let TWBC know your views about the application!
The Parish Council have considered the planning application and OBJECT to the proposal on the following grounds:
- Increased congestion on the A264, A21 and Pembury High Street which already suffer from substantial congestion problems
- Increased rat running in Cornford Lane and Halls Hole Road
- Loss of parking at the Tesco site
- Likely parking overspill into Pembury village
- The development is more suited to North Farm Industrial Estate
The Parish Council’s full response can be downloaded here.