*** THIS CONSULTATION IS NOW CLOSED ***
Invitation to comment on the Pre-Submission Version of the Pembury Neighbourhood Plan
In accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), notice is given that a formal public consultation on the Pre-Submission Version of the Pembury Neighbourhood Plan will run from 9am on Sunday 5th June 2022 until 5pm on Monday 18th July 2022.
About the Plan
At the request of the Pembury Parish Council, in July 2020, Tunbridge Wells Borough Council designated the Pembury neighbourhood area, which shares its boundary with the Parish. A steering group comprising local councillors and volunteers from the community was set up to lead the project to develop the Pembury Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Plan is a document that sets out planning and land-use policies relating to the Pembury neighbourhood area. It is a formal document that sets out, in development terms, how land should be used within the parish, as well as planning policies to influence development proposals.
The Neighbourhood Plan must undergo a rigorous process, including a series of consultations, an independent examination and finally a local referendum, as ultimately it will form part of the development plan for Tunbridge Wells, sitting alongside the Tunbridge Wells Local Plan. If successful, it will be used alongside the Local Plan policies to determine the outcome of planning applications within Pembury. A great deal of work has been undertaken to reach the point of having a draft Plan, which we are now consulting on.
How to view the Pembury Neighbourhood Plan
The Pre-Submission version of the Pembury Neighbourhood Plan can be downloaded in PDF format. Alternatively you can download the document by chapter by clicking on the following buttons:
- Sections 1 to 3 – Introduction and Context
- Section 4 – Spatial Strategy
- Section 5 – Housing
- Section 6 – Character Heritage Design
- Section 7 – Employment in Pembury
- Section 8 – Environment and green space
- Section 9 – Transport and movement
- Section 10 – Community Facilities
Further information about the plan can be access below:
The Pre-Submission Pembury Neighbourhood Plan has been screened to determine if it is likely to have significant environmental impacts that would require it to be accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Assessment and/or Habitats Regulations Assessments. The screening determined that neither is required:
You can also view hard copies of the Plan at the following locations around the Parish during opening hours:
- The Parish Office
- The Library
- The Camden Arms
- The Black Horse
- The King William IV
- The Black Horse
- Downingbury Farm Shop
- Community Café – Monday mornings at the Pavilion in the Recreation Ground
How to comment on the Pembury Neighbourhood Plan
You may submit your comments on the plan in the following ways:
- Complete the online survey by clicking the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PemburyReg14
- Printed copies of the survey can be collected from:
- The Parish Office, Lower Green Recreation Ground. Opening hours 10am to 1pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- By email to email@example.com
- By post to: Pembury Parish Council, The Parish Office, Lower Green Recreation Ground, Lower Green Rd, Pembury, Tunbridge Wells TN2 4DZ
Note: All responses must be received by 5pm on 18th July 2022 – This consultation is now CLOSED