Symptoms of coronavirus
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
The NHS website offers advice and information and what you should do if you think you have the illness.
For updates on the current situation in Kent, please see the Kent County Council website for details.
Prevent coronavirus spreading
There are things we can all do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
If you are worried about your symptoms, use the online NHS 111 coronavirus service or call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP, pharmacy, hospital or other healthcare setting.