Parish Councillor Vacancy
Could you provide a voice for people living in Pembury?
If so, why not think about joining the Parish Council as we currently have a vacancy. We are an active council looking for enthusiastic people to join us!
What we do
We own and manage various facilities in the village such as Lower Green Recreation Ground, Woodside Playing Fields, the Village Green, the Old Coach Road, Pembury Burial Grounds and Lower Green Cemetery.
We also hold several community events such as Fireworks, Picnic on the Green, the annual litter pick in conjunction with Rapid Relief Team, Remembrance Sunday in partnership with the churches, a Scarecrow competition and the new Christmas Carols around the Christmas Tree. Unfortunately, in 2020 all of these events were cancelled but we hope to bring them all back for you in 2021! We also publish the quarterly newsletter, the Pembury Village News, delivered to all homes in the village.
We are consulted on all planning applications in the Parish.
Our current projects include:
- Setting up a youth council
- Working in partnership with the Pembury Community Gardening Group to improve various “grot spots” in the village
- Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Developing the Christmas light display in the centre of the village
- Improving the floral displays at the Burial Grounds
- Improving the condition of vacant plots at the allotments
What does a Parish Councillor do?
A councillor’s primary role is to represent their parish and the people who live in it. As part of a local council you will work with Council staff to:
- run local services such as our open spaces and recreation facilities
- influence the long term development policy and comment on planning applications in the parish
- improve the quality of life and the environment in our local area
- identify issues which are important to residents
- improve the lives of residents by providing local community projects, lobbying other service providers and working in partnership with other parishes, community groups and agencies.
- be a British, Irish or EU citizen
- be over 18 years old
- live in the parish of Pembury or within 3 miles of it or have your principle place of work in the parish of Pembury
How to Apply
Please read our policy on the Co-option process and complete the application form below and return it to the Council by email to email@example.com or by post to the Parish Office.